All our presentations include basic overviews of Islamic beliefs, practices, and Muslim traditions in addition to interactive sessions with the audience to answer questions about Islam and Muslims. Each of our presentations are customized to fit the needs of the hosting organization and are designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Correct any misinformation about Islam
- Give an overview on Islamic beliefs and practices
- Provide tailored information about Muslims as it relates to the needs of the host organization
- Foster a sustainable relationship between institutions and the local Muslim community
The following are some presentations offered by ISB-DFW:
- Exploring Muslim Traditions and Practices – Islam 101 – Gives an overview about beliefs, practices, demographics, holidays and culture.
- Getting to Know American Muslims and Their Faith – 45 minutes
- Getting to Know American Muslims and Their Faith – 90 minutes
- Women in Islam – Focuses on the rights and responsibilities given to women in Islam.
- History of Muslims in America – Covers the historical presence of Muslims in America.
- Islamic Contribution to Civilization – This eye-opening presentation begins with a review of the Dark Ages and moves forward through time noting the contributions Muslims have made to our society throughout history.
- Competency Training: Muslims and Arabs to Law Enforcement – Training provides a basic understanding of Islam and addresses the appropriate etiquette needed to deal with Muslims.
- Teacher and Administrator Workshop: Understanding Muslim Students – This workshop is geared towards any teacher or administrator working with Muslim students from elementary to high school. It provides an overview of Islam and also provides helpful hints on how best to work with Muslim students.
- Healthcare Providers Training: Healthcare for Muslim Patients – This training provides concrete guidelines on how to work with Muslim patients. Medical topics including labor and delivery and end-of-life issues are reviewed in this presentation.
- Corporate Training for Managers and Employees – Provides an understanding about Muslims in the workplace.
- Youth Anti-Bullying Workshops: A youth-led peer-to-peer education and engagement program that provides Muslim teens with the skills and tools to counter bigotry and respond knowledgeably to challenging questions and negative stereotyping.
- Know Your Rights – This workshop discusses the proper methods in dealing with various situations at the workplace, school, airports, public accommodation, encounters with law enforcement and much more.